Two people sharing a medley of ideas and projects with each other and the world.
For my birthday, I asked for this book: “Baking Illustrated: The Practical Kitchen Companion for the Home Baker,” upon the suggestion of one of our favourite bloggers, Annie from Annie’s Eats. My husband so kindly got it for me and I’m loving it!
What I love about this book so far:
1. It gives you reasons for why they chose certain ingredients and how much of it to put in the recipe.
2. Many times it gives you a basic foundation recipe that is easy to add to. It includes some variations but also leaves room to be creative! The granola bar recipe is a great example of this!
My favourite things about this Granola Bar recipe:
1. I used their cranberry-ginger variation and they instruct you to simmer the dried cranberries in orange juice to get them juicy. Delicious!!
2. I had all the ingredients already!
3. Easy to follow instructions!
What I hope to do next time for the Granola Bars:
1. Building on the foundation recipe, I want to add crushed peanuts and peanut butter! Yum!
2. Make sure I have enough good quality honey (I ran out so had to use crummy no-name honey – it makes a difference!)